90 people are learning this skill right now!
Annual planning is a form of long-term planning that companies use to set goals and expectations for the coming year. It helps team members visualize where they are headed and how they can get there.
Learn Annual Planning with the Practica AI CoachThe Practica AI Coach helps you improve in Annual Planning by using your current work challenges as opportunities to improve. The AI Coach will ask you questions, instruct you on concepts and tactics, and give you feedback as you make progress.
Intro to Annual PlanningAnnual Planning is a crucial process for organizations to set goals, allocate resources, and align teams towards achieving their objectives. It involves a thorough analysis of the business environment, stakeholders, and internal capabilities to develop a roadmap for the upcoming year.
- What every Venture backed CEO needs to know about Annual PlanningAshu provides a comprehensive introduction to annual planning with a 10-step annual planning process. It covers: Who should be involved How a financial model should be incorporated Meeting cadence over 2-4 weeks How to navigate trade-offs cross functionally
How to Operate an Annual Planning ProcessOperating an Annual Planning Process requires a structured approach that involves key stakeholders, including senior leaders, department heads, and subject matter experts. The process should include a clear timeline, defined roles and responsibilities, and a robust review and feedback mechanism.
- The Secret to a Great Planning Process — Lessons from Airbnb and EventbriteLenny provides a process that navigates difficult planning touch-points between executive Leadership and individual teams. Importantly, Lenny and Nils share templates used at Airbnb and Eventbrite which help with each step of the process. This is also the longest and most-in-depth article in this learning guide.
- 6 Steps To An Annual Plan That Accelerates GrowthMark goes through a sample planning process end-to-end, and draws attention to various aspects of planning, including how planning is a litmus test for the quality of collaboration amongst the executive team.
- Planning For Next YearFred uses his vantage point of seeing annual planning processes across portfolio companies to provide 6 key tips, covering timelines, collaboration, where strategy adjustments fit in, and how many big bets to make.
Pitfalls of Annual PlanningPitfalls of Annual Planning include a lack of Alignment between the plan and the business strategy, insufficient involvement of stakeholders, and a failure to adapt to changing circumstances. To avoid these pitfalls, organizations should focus on continuous improvement, agility, and collaboration.
- Annual Planning is Killing Your Growth – Try This Plan InsteadDavid describes a few problems with annual planning, such as how it discourages you from thinking about multi-year payoff and you fail to anticipate failure. David's solution is to build a three-year plan based on external benchmarks that involves a search for greatness, and to re-evaluate the plan every quarter.
Annual Planning Case StudiesAnnual Planning Case Studies showcase how organizations have successfully implemented their planning process. These case studies highlight the importance of clear communication, data-driven decision-making, and a focus on outcomes rather than inputs. They also provide insights into how to overcome common challenges and achieve success.
- The Strategic Planning Process We Used to Align Our 300 Person TeamDavid covers: • Our ‘Operating Rhythm’ Journey • Participants • Location • Timing • Prep work • Rules of engagement • Technology/tools • Agenda • Output • Company Communication
- Team Building
- Career Development
- Product Management Career Ladders
- Managing Product Managers
- Performance Reviews
- Structuring Product Teams
- Managing More Experienced People
- Managing Remotely
- Product Prioritization
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Employee Retention
- Job Leveling
- Customer Success Compensation
- Capacity Planning
- Structuring Customer Success Teams
- Customer Success Career Ladders