AI challenge coachFeeling stuck on Diversity and Inclusion? Try our AI Coach (preview)With Practica's AI career coach, you'll receive personalized guidance based on your unique skills and challenges. Submit a challenge you're facing at work and our AI bot will provide tailored next steps to help you succeed. To ensure the best possible advice, be sure to include details such as your company size, role, and any other relevant information. Don't let career roadblocks slow you down - let Practica's AI coach help you navigate the way forward. Try it now!
Intro to Diversity & InclusionDiversity and inclusion are critical for businesses to thrive in a globalized world. They involve creating a workplace culture that values and respects differences in race, gender, age, religion, and other characteristics.
- eBay’s First Chief Diversity Officer on Humanizing Diversity and InclusionDamien gives a talk (video included in the article) on how to host conversations internally that help teams define Diversity and Inclusion in humanizing ways.
- A Guide to Diversity & Inclusion for Lost and Confused StartupsSarah provides an actionable guide to building a diverse team, with steps including: • Initiate a conversation with your team about why D&I matters • Clearly articulate your mission & values • Set goals and measure your progress • Consider whether your environment fosters belonging • Construct a diverse Board of Directors and Advisory Board • Remove bias from your Job Descriptions, expand your sourcing channels, and design an inclusive interview process
How to Boost Diversity & InclusionTo boost diversity and inclusion, companies must first acknowledge and address any biases or barriers that may exist. They can also implement policies that promote diversity in hiring, training, and promotion, and create a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
- Eight Ways to Make Your D&I Efforts Less Talk and More WalkAubrey provides eight tactics from her experiences at Atlassian to help make sure caring deeply is coupled with acting quickly on diversity and inclusion: 1. Don't just jump on the bandwagon - figure out your why 2. Throw spaghetti to make small tweaks 3. Check - and map - your privilege 4. Dive down to the team level 5. Unpack intersectionality 6. Bring more precision to your recruiting efforts 7. Revamp JDs and sourcing to get a range of applicants in the funnel 8. Remember what the "I" stands for
- Three lessons from building a great place to work for all genders1. Think of D&I as a key criterion for every decision you make. 2. Pay just as much attention to the small daily moments. 3. Be equally intentional about what you aren’t inclusive toward.
- What it takes to move the needle on Diversity & InclusionIsa explains how you can boost D&I through: • Engagement of top management • Collecting & analyzing D&I data • Addressing unconscious bias.
Diversity & Inclusion Case StudiesCase studies provide examples of successful diversity and inclusion initiatives in various companies. These highlight companies that have implemented diversity training programs, created employee resource groups, and established Partnerships with diverse organizations. These initiatives have not only improved the workplace culture but also led to increased innovation and profitability.
- BetterCloud’s Slow, Steady & Ongoing D&I JourneyDavid describes a 2-year diversity and inclusion journey, across both its successes and challenges. He covers: • How did the journey start? • Accountability and Sustainability • Power in Numbers • Top of the (recruiting) funnel • Are we there yet? Not even close… • D&I 2.0
Diversity & Inclusion in RecruitingRecruiting is a crucial area for diversity and inclusion, as it sets the tone for the entire employee experience. Companies can attract a diverse pool of candidates by using inclusive language in job postings, partnering with diverse organizations, and providing training to hiring managers.
- Atlassian Boosted Its Female Technical Hires By 80% — Here’s How• Drop the belief your company is a meritocracy. • You have to start as early as possible — which is hopefully now. • Table Stakes D&I Tactics • Advanced Strategies • Diversity Recruiting Checklist
- Finding a company with an inclusive engineering cultureThis article is written from the perspective of an outside job applicant and provides a useful checklist, which can also be used internally to help predict how your D&I efforts will be perceived.
Diversity and Inclusion is part of our Engineering Career Leveling Framework. Explore next steps in your career from this industry-standard model.