Learn Diversity and Inclusion with the Practica AI CoachThe Practica AI Coach helps you improve in Diversity and Inclusion by using your current work challenges as opportunities to improve. The AI Coach will ask you questions, instruct you on concepts and tactics, and give you feedback as you make progress.
Intro to Diversity & InclusionDiversity and inclusion are critical for businesses to thrive in a globalized world. They involve creating a workplace culture that values and respects differences in race, gender, age, religion, and other characteristics.
- eBay’s First Chief Diversity Officer on Humanizing Diversity and InclusionDamien gives a talk (video included in the article) on how to host conversations internally that help teams define Diversity and Inclusion in humanizing ways.
- A Guide to Diversity & Inclusion for Lost and Confused StartupsSarah provides an actionable guide to building a diverse team, with steps including: • Initiate a conversation with your team about why D&I matters • Clearly articulate your mission & values • Set goals and measure your progress • Consider whether your environment fosters belonging • Construct a diverse Board of Directors and Advisory Board • Remove bias from your Job Descriptions, expand your sourcing channels, and design an inclusive interview process
How to Boost Diversity & InclusionTo boost diversity and inclusion, companies must first acknowledge and address any biases or barriers that may exist. They can also implement policies that promote diversity in hiring, training, and promotion, and create a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.
- Eight Ways to Make Your D&I Efforts Less Talk and More WalkAubrey provides eight tactics from her experiences at Atlassian to help make sure caring deeply is coupled with acting quickly on diversity and inclusion: 1. Don't just jump on the bandwagon - figure out your why 2. Throw spaghetti to make small tweaks 3. Check - and map - your privilege 4. Dive down to the team level 5. Unpack intersectionality 6. Bring more precision to your recruiting efforts 7. Revamp JDs and sourcing to get a range of applicants in the funnel 8. Remember what the "I" stands for
- Three lessons from building a great place to work for all genders1. Think of D&I as a key criterion for every decision you make. 2. Pay just as much attention to the small daily moments. 3. Be equally intentional about what you aren’t inclusive toward.
Diversity & Inclusion Case StudiesCase studies provide examples of successful diversity and inclusion initiatives in various companies. These highlight companies that have implemented diversity training programs, created employee resource groups, and established Partnerships with diverse organizations. These initiatives have not only improved the workplace culture but also led to increased innovation and profitability.
- BetterCloud’s Slow, Steady & Ongoing D&I JourneyDavid describes a 2-year diversity and inclusion journey, across both its successes and challenges. He covers: • How did the journey start? • Accountability and Sustainability • Power in Numbers • Top of the (recruiting) funnel • Are we there yet? Not even close… • D&I 2.0
Diversity & Inclusion in RecruitingRecruiting is a crucial area for diversity and inclusion, as it sets the tone for the entire employee experience. Companies can attract a diverse pool of candidates by using inclusive language in job postings, partnering with diverse organizations, and providing training to hiring managers.
- Atlassian Boosted Its Female Technical Hires By 80% — Here’s How• Drop the belief your company is a meritocracy. • You have to start as early as possible — which is hopefully now. • Table Stakes D&I Tactics • Advanced Strategies • Diversity Recruiting Checklist
- Finding a company with an inclusive engineering cultureThis article is written from the perspective of an outside job applicant and provides a useful checklist, which can also be used internally to help predict how your D&I efforts will be perceived.
Diversity & Inclusion in EngineeringEngineering is a field that has historically lacked diversity, but companies can take steps to address this. They can partner with organizations that promote diversity in STEM fields, provide Mentorship and training opportunities, and create a culture that values diverse perspectives.
- How you can use the SPACE framework to measure inclusion on developer teamsJossie explains how the SPACE framework for measuring developer productivity (Satisfaction and well-being, Performance, Activity, Communication and collaboration, Efficiency and flow) can be adapted to measure inclusion.
Diversity & Inclusion by StageDiversity and inclusion must be integrated throughout the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding to retirement. Companies can create targeted programs to address the unique needs of employees at different stages of their careers, such as flexible work arrangements for parents or retirement planning for older workers.