AI challenge coachFeeling stuck on Speed? Try our AI Coach (preview)With Practica's AI career coach, you'll receive personalized guidance based on your unique skills and challenges. Submit a challenge you're facing at work and our AI bot will provide tailored next steps to help you succeed. To ensure the best possible advice, be sure to include details such as your company size, role, and any other relevant information. Don't let career roadblocks slow you down - let Practica's AI coach help you navigate the way forward. Try it now!
Why Speed MattersSpeed is a crucial factor in achieving success in today's fast-paced business environment. It enables companies to capitalize on opportunities, stay ahead of competitors, and respond quickly to changes in the market.
- Examples of Fast, Large, Ambitious ProjectsThis list of actual projects that moved fast provides inspiration for why to move fast.
- Speed as a HabitDave argues that success in business boils down to speed - "fastest company in any market will win." He then explains the building blocks of speed: • Making decisions: The speed of decision-making matters, and consensus should not hold you hostage • Executing decisions: Challenge due dates by asking, "Why can't this be done sooner?", and consistently message that today is better that tomorrow, and right now is better than six hours from now • Other execution tips include: recognize and remove dependencies, eliminate cognitive overload, use competition the right way, and rally support for decisions
How to Go Faster at StartupsStartups can go faster by prioritizing speed, focusing on the right metrics, and building a culture of experimentation. They should also leverage technology and data to optimize their processes and decision-making.
- How to move faster as a startup founderCatherine provides 3 tips that can help you determine which activities are productive, and which are slowing you down (and possibly burning out your team at the same time): #1: Resist the temptation to do everything at once #2: Create minimum viable processes #3: Hire well
How to Go Faster at Growth-Stage CompaniesGrowth-stage companies can go faster by streamlining their operations, investing in their team's development, and being open to innovation. They should also prioritize customer feedback and use it to guide their product development and marketing strategies.
- What Working At Stripe Has Been LikeScroll down to the section on "What Stripe does differently" to learn about Stripe's fast Operating Cadence. Patrick describes how Stripe moves faster than other organizations, and it's largely about "just consistently choosing to get more done".
- Cadence in OrganizationsJohn uses his experience at Mozilla to provide a framework for how to use meeting structures, attendees, and cadences to design your overall Operating Cadence at 15 employees vs. 100 employees.
Speed is part of our Engineering Career Leveling Framework. Explore next steps in your career from this industry-standard model.