- Role Proposals
Alex argues that justifying a hire is the first step in hiring. He then explains how to: • Explore alternate options • Model the ideal candidate • Define success • Write an internal scorecard • Write an external job description
- Growth-Stage Startups Should Have In-House Recruiters
David covers 6 reasons for bringing recruiting in-house at growth stage startups.
- Asana’s Head of Talent on the Secrets to Finding a Great Startup Recruiter
Andrew covers the end-to-end process hiring your first recruiter: • When It's Time • How to Interview a Startup Recruiter • Can They Tell the Story? • Are They Team Builders? • Metrics • They're around your perfect candidates • Domain Expertise
- Increase your hiring success with job success profiles
• What makes a successful hire? • Translating the answers into a Job Success Profile
- Scaling a recruiting organization
This chapter from Elad Gil's book, "High Growth Handbook", covers: • Early days: your team as recruiters • Initial scaling: the in-house recruiter • High growth: multiple recruiting org roles
- Turbocharge Your Recruiting Machine — Here’s How
Flo leveraged her experience as VP of People at NerdWallet to cover: • How to Recruit a Top-In-Class Head of Recruiting • Dynamic Recruiters Overhaul Your Entire Hiring Process • Your Candidate Journey is Your Competitive Edge
- The Role of Domain Experience
Marty provides his opinion on whether domain knowledge is a necessary qualification for product managers. The rationale provided in the article also applies to roles in other departments.
- GitLab's Handbook on Sourcing
GitLab's process guide for sourcing candidates covers: • Purpose of Sourcing • How to Source Candidates • Source-A-Thons