Articles by David Politis
- BetterCloud’s Slow, Steady & Ongoing D&I Journey
David describes a 2-year diversity and inclusion journey, across both its successes and challenges. He covers: • How did the journey start? • Accountability and Sustainability • Power in Numbers • Top of the (recruiting) funnel • Are we there yet? Not even close… • D&I 2.0
- The Strategic Planning Process We Used to Align Our 300 Person Team
David covers: • Our ‘Operating Rhythm’ Journey • Participants • Location • Timing • Prep work • Rules of engagement • Technology/tools • Agenda • Output • Company Communication
- The Magic Formula to Setting (and Accomplishing) a Major Company Goal: 5 Key Elements That You Need
David argues that OKRs can be difficult to use at early-stage startups, so he recommends an alternative: • Set a singular company-wide goal, with five critical elements • Consistently explain the "why." • Give enough time, but not too much. • Ensure that everyone can make an impact. • Keep it simple and memorable. • Make it attainable, but not easy. • The Power of a Company-wide Goal
- #wins: How to Connect Every Single Employee to Every Company Victory
David explains how Slack became a successful communication channel for their company once they implemented a #wins channel. He provides examples of what they celebrate in the #wins channel at BetterCloud.
- This is How You Revolutionize the Way Your Team Works Together... And All It Takes is 15 Minutes
David provides a detailed process for how to make personal user manuals, some of the content in the personal manual for him, and the results of rolling it out as a process across his entire company: "I have never, not even once, seen this kind of overwhelmingly positive response to an exercise before."