Should You Do Competitive Analysis?Competitive analysis is essential to understand the market and competitors. It provides insights into what works and what doesn't. Not doing competitive analysis can lead to missed opportunities and poor decision-making.
- Five Questions CEOs Struggle WithDave covers the 5 questions he hears most from CEOs: 1. When do I next raise money? 2. Do I have the right team? 3. How can I better manage the board? 4. Should I worry about competitors? 5. Are we focused enough?
How to Do Competitive AnalysisCompetitive analysis involves identifying competitors, analyzing their strengths and weaknesses, and evaluating their strategies. It requires gathering data from multiple sources and using frameworks to compare and contrast competitors. It helps in identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Real Competitive Analysis is About Learning to Love Your CompetitorChris breaks down competitive analysis into 4 steps: four steps: 1. Talk to customers 2. Use the competition’s solutions 3. Read press about them, especially interviews 4. Synthesize their strategy
- How to Conduct a Competitive AnalysisPatrick takes a brand-centric perspective in his guide for how to perform a competitive analysis, which includes: • What to collect (including an Airtable template) • How to assess, including who are they talking to, what are their differentiators, and what does their brand believe • What can you infer about why the competitor made the decisions they made
Competitive Analysis for Design TeamsDesign teams can use competitive analysis to understand the design trends, user preferences, and best practices in the industry. It helps in creating innovative designs that stand out from the competition. It involves analyzing the user experience, visual design, and Branding of competitors.
- Supercharge your products with a competitive auditRyan provides a how-to guide for performing a competitive design audit, which analyzes how a competitor uses nomenclature, UI strings, UX flows, and other content & design components.
Competitive Analysis for MarketingCompetitive analysis for marketing involves analyzing the marketing strategies, messaging, and Positioning of competitors. It helps in identifying the target audience, creating compelling messaging, and developing a unique value proposition. It involves analyzing the marketing channels, content, and campaigns of competitors.
- Structuring the Organization and Duties of Product Marketing and Competitive AnalysisDave provides an outline on how to structure a competitive analysis team that reports to the CMO and is a peer to the Product Marketing team.